Tangy Cream Cheese Frosting
When you have a batch of freshly baked Soft Gluten-free Sugar Cookies http://priscillajohnsonntc.com/index.php/2016/10/24/soft-cut-out-glu…ee-sugar-cookies/ on your hands, you want a little extra something for decorating. Enter cream cheese frosting: fluffy, smooth and not too sweet, it’s a compliment to both non-refined cookies and White Cakes http://priscillajohnsonntc.com/index.php/2016/10/01/gluten-free-white-cake/.
It is very important to powder the coconut sugar in a coffee grinder or blender, before adding it to the icing as regular granular coconut sugar will not give us the smooth texture that we’re looking for in our Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) brick of full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 coconut sugar (powdered)
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter on high for 1 minute until it is whipped light.
- Add the cream cheese and whip on high for approx 1 minute until it is fluffy. Be sure to stop and scrap down the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure that the butter and cream cheese are incorporating fully.
- Add 1 tsp pure vanilla extract and mix to incorporate.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut sugar to a coffee grinder, or blender, and grind until you have a powder.
- Add the powdered coconut sugar to the icing mixture and whip on high until fully incorporated. Taste the icing, and add more powdered coconut sugar to your tastes.
- Apply liberally to whichever un-refined dessert of your choosing